Derek Wolfe wife is a well-renowned personality in the fitness space. The couple is in the headlines after he shared the news of the injury on a podcast.

Derek came under intensive criticism for killing a mountain lion that had killed some neighbors’ dogs and had been terrorizing a community. 

TMZSports report stated that the 10-year NFL vet hunting was not illegal, hence the criticism was not justified. 

Derek spoke about his injury in a podcast

Derek Wolfe revealed that an injury left him temporarily paralyzed before returning to the ground two weeks later.

Derek shared this in a Joe Rogan Experience podcast. He said his injuries while he was in the NFL were out-of-control. 

In 2013 Derek bruised his spinal cord, and he was paralyzed for almost three hours, and then he played two weeks later.

“It was terrible, every time I got touched my arms would go numb, and I’m a defensive lineman, so my head’s getting hit every play.”

Derek, who spent nine seasons in the NFL with the Ravens and Broncos, said the injury happened during a preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks at CenturyLink Field on August 17, 2013. After the sequence, he remained motionless on the ground

Derek recalled the moment and said, “I was playing on the end of the line on the right side, and I was playing a cut block somebody tried to cut my legs out, so I’m playing sprawled out to play the cut block and then the fullback hit me on top of the head.”

Who is Derek Wolfe wife?

Derek Wolfe is a retired defensive end in American football and a current sports radio broadcaster. 

Derek studied at the University of Cincinnati and was drafted 36th overall by the Denver Broncos in the 2012 NFL Draft. He spent his first eight years with the Broncos before signing with the Baltimore Ravens in 2020.

Derek got engaged to a fitness model, Abigail Burrows, in 2016. Abigail was born on March 12, 1984.  

Abigail graduated from the University of Washington after completing her Biology major in 2008. According to playersfg, she also minored in Psychology.

Derek and Abigail announced their engagement in 2016, but the couple had been dating for a long time. 

They tied the knot in a beautiful ceremony on February 25, 2017. The couple shares two daughters, Roxanne, born in 2019, and Tatum, who was adopted by the duo. 

Abigail is also somewhat athletic, while Derek is known for his NFL exploits. She has made her name in the fitness space and competed in competitions.

She also has an IFBB Pro Card.

Abigail came under the media spotlight after Derek was pushed back into the public eye after retiring from the NFL due to his mountain lion hunting event.

She is social media savvy, mainly on Instagram, where she posts daily about her family and life. As of 2023, she has 55,300 followers on Instagram.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7t7XZmpqaZpOkunCwxKucpGWnpLmnsYywoJ%2BdXZZ6p7XTp5ysq12ivKWxy2agn5qSYr2zu4ycmKucXZ28rbDEq2Y%3D