Parker Dean Vogt, 19, of Manitowoc, Wisconsin, died on September 19, 2023, after a long and courageous fight with cancer. He was at his home with his parents, Craig and Angela Vogt, who loved him dearly.

Vogt was born on June 17, 2004, in Manitowoc to Craig and Angela (Hornes) Vogt. He was a member of St. John’s Ev. Lutheran Church, Newtonburg, where he was baptized on June 18, 2004, and confirmed on May 20, 2018.

He was a smart and gifted young man who had a love for learning and sports. He graduated from Manitowoc Lutheran High School in 2022, where he played football and basketball. He also coached his grade school basketball team and mentored the younger players.

After high school, Parker enrolled in Lakeshore Technical College, where he was studying HVAC. He also worked part-time at Festival Foods and LibertyLand Dairy.

He had a lively spirit and a friendly personality that made him popular among everyone who knew him. He enjoyed camping, golfing, playing video games, and hanging out with his family and friends. He had a special bond with his two siblings, Ryder and Brinley, who admired him as a leader and a guardian.

Vogt also had a strong faith in God and a deep gratitude for His gifts. He faced his illness with bravery and hope, never losing his smile or his will. He touched many people with his strength and perseverance to overcome his difficulties.

Parker is survived by his parents, Craig and Angela Vogt; two siblings, Ryder and Brinley; grandmothers, Ann Hornes and Paulette Vogt; aunts and uncles: Jeff Vogt and his special friend Stacy Joaquin, Sheryl (Dustin) Winsor, Shelley (Dan) DeCleene, and Michelle (Shane) Evans; godson, Hudson DeCleene; his four closest friends, Casey Stanzel, Ben Lukasek, Cameron Strutz, and Jenna Gries; and many other relatives and friends.

He was preceded in death by his grandfathers, Henry Vogt and Dean Hornes.

Funeral Services

A funeral service for Parker will take place on Saturday, September 23, 2023, at 11 a.m. at St. John’s Ev. Lutheran Church, 7531 English Lake Road, Manitowoc, WI. Pastor Micah Martin will officiate the service and burial will follow at St. John’s Lutheran Cemetery.

The family will welcome visitors at St. John’s Ev. Lutheran Church on Friday, September 22, 2023, from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., and on Saturday from 9 a.m. until 10:45 a.m.

Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting [Harrigan Parkside Funeral Home].

Instead of flowers, the family requests that donations be made in Vogt’s name to [Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin], [Compassus Hospice], or [St. John’s Ev. Lutheran Church].

A Tribute to Parker Vogt

Parker Vogt’s family and friends have shared their memories and tributes to him on a [memory board], where they express their love and appreciation for having him in their lives.

Some of the messages are:

“Parker was one of the nicest people I have ever met. He always had a positive outlook on life and a supportive attitude. He was a great friend and teammate who always motivated me and cheered me up. I will miss him terribly.” – Casey Stanzel

“Parker was my godson and my nephew. He was like a son to me. He was intelligent, humorous, compassionate, and fearless. He had so much promise and so much to give to the world. I am proud of him for fighting so hard until the end. I love him with all my heart.” – Shelley DeCleene

“Parker was my brother and my best friend. He taught me how to play basketball, how to ride a bike, how to be strong and kind. He always protected me and made me laugh. He was my hero and I will always look up to him.” – Brinley Vogt

Parker Vogt Bio, Wiki

DateEvent
June 17, 2004Born in Manitowoc to Craig and Angela (Hornes) Vogt
June 18, 2004Baptized at St. John’s Ev. Lutheran Church, Newtonburg
May 20, 2018Confirmed at St. John’s Ev. Lutheran Church, Newtonburg
2022Graduated from Manitowoc Lutheran High School
2022-2023Attended Lakeshore Technical College for HVAC degree
2022-2023Worked at Festival Foods and LibertyLand Dairy
September 19, 2023Died at home after a battle with cancer
September 23, 2023Funeral service and burial at St. John’s Ev. Lutheran Church and Cemetery

A Legacy of Love and Hope

Parker Dean Vogt was a young man who lived a rich and meaningful life in his short time on earth. He was a cherished son, brother, grandson, nephew, godson, friend, student, and athlete. He was a faithful follower of God and a shining example of His love and mercy.

Vogt faced his cancer diagnosis with courage and hope, never losing his joy or spirit. He fought hard until the end, showing his power and resilience. He inspired many people with his positive mindset and his determination to overcome his challenges.

Parker left behind a legacy of love and hope that will live on in the hearts of those who knew him. He will be remembered for his kindness, his generosity, his humor, his passion, and his faith. He will be missed by many, but never forgotten.

Vogt was a young life ended by cancer, but a life well lived and well-loved. He is now in the loving arms of Jesus, where he is free from pain and suffering. He is at peace and he is happy.

Rest in peace, Parker. You are loved.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7r7HWrKynspmle6S7zGigp56fZL2ivsqeqWaun5zBbrvBoquumaKueqWxwK2fZpuRqsCmew%3D%3D