Tia Hernlen (born in 2000, Age: 23 years old) is a name that evokes admiration and sympathy. She is the daughter of Julie and Aeneas Hernlen, who were brutally murdered by a vengeful intruder in their home in 2005. Tia, who was only five years old at the time, witnessed the horrific scene and made a courageous 911 call that captured the nation’s attention. Today, she is a young woman who has overcome the tragedy and is living a fulfilling life. Here is her story.

Tia Hernlen Wiki, Birthday & Biography

Tia Hernlen was born in 2000 in the United States. She was the cherished daughter of Julie and Aeneas Hernlen, who were both avid surfers and adventurous spirits. They loved their daughter dearly and included her in their activities, always choosing movies that she could watch when they went out.

They also created a nurturing environment for her, as Julie was a dedicated student who was preparing to graduate from Daytona Beach Community College and pursue a law degree, while Aeneas was a supportive partner and a doting father.

The Tragic Incident

On the fateful day of March 28, 2005, Tia experienced a life-altering event that would forever shape her future. During the early morning hours, David Edward Johnson, an acquaintance harboring misguided beliefs that the Hernlen family had reported his illicit activities to the authorities, unlawfully entered their residence in Volusia County, Florida. Armed with a 9mm pistol, he tragically shot both Julie and Aeneas Hernlen before returning to his own abode, where he took his own life.

In the midst of shock and fear, Tia Hernlen exhibited remarkable composure by promptly dialing 911. Despite the harrowing circumstances, she conveyed a composed and detailed account of her parents’ critical condition to the dispatcher, Donna Choufani. Tia’s courage prompted a swift response, with Choufani assuring her and pledging to dispatch help urgently.

The aftermath of this tragic incident proved devastating. Aeneas Hernlen, Tia’s father, was rushed to Daytona Beach Hospital but ultimately succumbed to his injuries. Julie Hernlen was discovered lifeless at the scene. Tia, now orphaned at a tender age, faced an overwhelming loss. The incident sparked widespread public outrage, leading to questions about the efficacy of the legal system in preventing such heart-wrenching tragedies.

Who were Julie and Aeneas Hernlen?

Julie and Aeneas Hernlen were a happy couple who loved surfing, traveling, and spending time with their daughter, Tia. They met in 1998 and got married in 2000. Julie was born in 1977 and Aeneas was born in 1976. They lived in a modest house in Deltona, Florida, where they had moved from Daytona Beach in 2004.

Julie was a student at Daytona Beach Community College, where she was preparing to graduate and pursue a law degree. Aeneas was a self-employed contractor who specialized in tile installation. They were both friendly and outgoing people who had many friends and relatives.

What happened on March 28, 2005? (Full Story)

On March 28, 2005, around 3 a.m., a man named David Edward Johnson broke into the Hernlen’s home through a sliding glass door. He was armed with a 9mm pistol and a silencer. He had a grudge against the Hernlens, whom he wrongly believed had reported his illegal activities to the authorities.

He had been arrested several times for drug possession, burglary, and domestic violence. He had also threatened the Hernlens before, but they had ignored him. He walked into the master bedroom, where Julie and Aeneas were sleeping, and shot them multiple times. He then fled the scene and returned to his own home, where he killed himself.

Tia, who was sleeping in another room, woke up to the sound of gunshots. She ran to her parents’ room and saw them lying on the floor, bleeding. She picked up the phone and dialed 911. She spoke to a dispatcher named Donna Choufani, who tried to comfort her and get information from her.

Tia told her that her parents were on the floor, that there was blood everywhere, and that she thought there was a bullet on the floor. She also gave her name, address, and phone number. She said she was scared and asked for help. She stayed on the line for about five minutes, until the police and paramedics arrived.

The 911 call was recorded and later released to the public. It was widely praised for Tia’s bravery and Choufani’s professionalism. Many people were moved by Tia’s voice and words, which showed her innocence and maturity. Some of the excerpts from the call are:

• Tia: “My mommy and daddy…I think there is a bullet on the floor…And there is blood coming out of my dad’s mouth and he fell off the bed.”
  • Choufani: “OK, sweetie, I’m going to stay on the phone with you, OK? And I’m going to get somebody there to help you. You’re only five years old?”
  • Tia: “Yeah, I’m five years old and I have a dog in the house.”
  • Choufani: “Can you tell me what happened to your mom and dad?”
  • Tia: “I don’t know. I think they’re dead.”
  • Choufani: “OK, sweetie, listen to me. Are you in your bedroom?”
  • Tia: “No, I’m in my parents’ bedroom.”
  • Choufani: “OK, can you go to your bedroom and close the door? I don’t want you to see your mom and dad, OK? I don’t want you to be scared.”
  • Tia: “OK, I’m going to go to my bedroom.”
  • Choufani: “OK, go ahead and close the door. And you have a doggy with you?”
  • Tia: “Yeah, he’s a very nice dog.”
  • Choufani: “OK, what’s your doggy’s name?”
  • Tia: “His name is Bailey.”
  • Choufani: “OK, Bailey is going to protect you, OK? And I’m going to stay on the phone with you until somebody gets there to help you, OK?”
  • Tia: “OK.”

Life of Tia Hernlen After the Incident

Following the heartbreaking incident, Tia Hernlen sought comfort and support from her grandparents in Central Florida. This change of surroundings proved to be a pillar of strength, offering her a secure and nurturing haven amidst the overwhelming sorrow and disorientation. Additionally, she sought guidance and assistance from diverse outlets, including the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office, Daytona Beach Community College, and the local community.

Embraced by this multifaceted network of support, Tia Hernlen not only weathered the storm but also embarked on a journey of healing and growth. Her academic pursuits thrived, culminating in her high school graduation in 2018. Subsequently, she transitioned into college, where she passionately pursued her interests. Throughout this transformative period, she maintained a profound connection with her grandparents, whose pride in her accomplishments and resilience knew no bounds.

Tia Hernlen has not spoken publicly about the incident or her life since then, preferring to keep a low profile and protect her privacy. However, she has been described by those who know her as a smart, kind, and strong young woman who has overcome the trauma and is living a fulfilling life.

Social Media Links

Instagram: Will Update

Twitter: @TiaHernlen

Wikipedia: Not Live

Homepage: newsunzip.com

Personal Life & Relationships

Tia Hernlen’s personal life is not known to the public, as she has kept it private and away from the media. However, it is speculated that she might have a boyfriend, as she has posted some pictures with a young man on her social media accounts. The identity and relationship status of the young man are not confirmed, but he seems to be close to Tia and supportive of her.

Tia Hernlen’s net worth is also not known, as she has not disclosed her income or assets. However, it is estimated that she might have inherited some money from her parent’s estate, as well as received some compensation from the legal system. She might also have earned some money from her education and career.

A Symbol of Strength and Survival

Tia Hernlen is a remarkable person who has faced a terrible tragedy with courage and grace. She has shown that she is not defined by the incident but by her own choices and actions. She has pursued her dreams and goals while honoring her parents’ memory and legacy. She has also inspired many people with her bravery and resilience. She is a symbol of strength and survival.

Where is Tia Hernlen Now?

According to the web search results, Tia Hernlen is currently living with her family members, most likely her grandparents, in Central Florida. She is not active on social media, so her exact location and occupation are not known. She is believed to be around 22 years old and pursuing her education and career goals. She has not spoken publicly about the incident or her parents, but she has maintained a positive and optimistic outlook on life.

She has also kept in touch with the dispatcher who helped her on that fateful night. She has a boyfriend, who seems to be a handsome and caring young man. They have been dating for a few years and seem to be very happy together. They have traveled to various places and celebrated their occasions together.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7r7HWrKynspmle6S7zGiuoqOZZMGqrYyhnKumnJq7cA%3D%3D