Santa Ana College mourns the loss of Head Football Coach Anthony White, who passed away today, November 24, 2023, at the age of 42 after bravely battling cancer. The announcement of his passing came through a heartfelt tweet, acknowledging his indelible mark on SAC Athletics and the lives of those fortunate enough to have known him.

Who was Anthony White? He emerged as a beacon for aspiring young Black coaches, leaving a notable impact during his seven-year tenure at Buena Park. His coaching prowess culminated in a league championship during his final season in 2016, showcasing his dedication and success on the field.

Beyond coaching, Anthony broadened his influence as a commentator for LA36, sharing his keen insights and passion for the game. Taking the helm as head coach at Santa Ana College in 2021, he ushered in a new era, imprinting his legacy on the SAC athletics program. His commitment to fostering dedication, discipline, and sportsmanship became an enduring spirit at SAC, endearing him to players and the entire college community.

Jamil Frazier posted on Facebook,

“RIP to one of the greatest humans I ever met. One of the greatest men I’ve ever met. One of the greatest athletes I’ve ever played with. And one of the best leaders this world has ever seen. Anthony White this one hurts bro. I don’t understand. I’ve looked up to you since the 3rd grade when we both lived on Rosemead Blvd. We came a long way since those apartments. On this day one year ago we stood at the Rosebowl watching USC defeat UCLA in a thriller. Exactly a year later God called you home. This honestly feels like when Kobe died. It didn’t make sense because superheroes are supposed to live forever. Love you bro. Always have. Always will. Massive condolences to your wife San White and beautiful children”

More than wins and losses, Anthony’s coaching philosophy impacted individuals fortunate enough to cross paths with him. His mentorship extended beyond the game, emphasizing the importance of perseverance, hard work, and integrity in the pursuit of success. His influence transcended the scoreboard, illustrating a profound dedication to the holistic growth of athletes and individuals.

Heartbroken about the loss of my friend, Coach Anthony White @CoachAWhite

He was one of the Best Coaches, Educators, Broadcasters and Mentors who did it the right way. Most importantly he was an Amazing Husband, Father and Friend.

Anytime he asked my to speak to his teams I… pic.twitter.com/PmybVxMpG7

— Chris Rix (@CoachRix) November 25, 2023

Anthony White’s contributions to athletics and mentorship will endure as his legacy continues to shape the future of athletes at Santa Ana College, leaving an indelible mark that extends far beyond the boundaries of the playing field.

As plans for Anthony White’s obituary and funeral are yet to be announced, the community reflects on the immense impact he made, cherishing the enduring legacy he leaves behind.

ncG1vNJzZmiin5fAo7vTrGWcp51krq%2FAx6ilsmWnnba1sYysmKeskWKur62MnKalpJWcsm6yzqirm5mcoXqku8Ccn2acmZrAbq3FrZyrZZKWwbW4yKeeZq%2BZqbVur8Cnmp6qXw%3D%3D